The commissioner for the 2019 season is Eric Hyde. His direct email is email@example.com.
Advantages of playing high school baseball with the Junior Saltdogs
- Everyone plays. Everyone hits. Everyone plays multiple positions.
- No pressure. Just enjoy the game of baseball and have fun competing.
- Junior Saltdogs is affordable and a good deal.
- Play on good fields with an end-of-season tournament
- Play on a team with your friends. No tryouts.
- Purchase the Saltdogs ticket vouchers as your fundraiser option and enjoy Saltdogs games with your friends or family.
The second registration period for U16 is now open. Registrations will be accepted until May 22nd. There are two registration options:
- In Person Registration…print and complete the 2019 U16 Registration Form being sure to have a parent sign it at the bottom. Attach a copy of the player’s birth certificate, learner’s permit or driver’s license to the form and then drop off the form and payment (check payable to Junior Saltdogs or exact cash only) at the Lincoln Saltdogs office at Haymarket Park (open Mon-Fri from 9am-5pm) … FINAL IN-PERSON REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 5 pm on Fri, May 17, 2019
- Online Registration…Please read this paragraph in its entirety before clicking the online registration link at the end. After submitting the online registration, you must email Deb separately at firstname.lastname@example.org with a PDF or JPG of the player’s birth certificate, learner’s permit or driver’s license before the final registration deadline of midnight on Wednesday, May 22. [HOW TO KNOW IF YOUR ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCESSED CORRECTLY: If your online registration processes correctly, you will get a screen stating "online registration was successful" at the end. Be sure to print the confirmation page and save the separate email confirmation that you will receive directly from Active.com within minutes after registering. They are your proof of registration and will be needed should we not receive your online registration for any reason. If you do not receive the confirmation screen and/or email confirmation, you should assume that your registration did not process correctly and either re-try the online registration or contact Deb at email@example.com for assistance. You must contact Deb BEFORE the May 22nd deadline if you have trouble registering online.] Click here to begin online registration … FINAL ONLINE REGISTRATION DEADLINE:
midnight on Wed, May 22, 2019.
Mailed registrations will not be accepted – no exceptions.
There are NO REFUNDS so if you plan to try out for a legion team, please wait until after their tryouts are final before registering for the Junior Saltdogs League.
If you have any questions, please contact Deb at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 402/430-0390.
Game Schedule – 2019
The 2019 game schedule will be posted here in early June. Games will begin about the 2nd week of June. Game nights are unknown at this time but could be played any week night at 6pm or 8pm or on Saturday/Sunday afternoons or evenings. Teams typically play about 2-3 games a week.
Team Standings / Rankings
Team standings/rankings will be posted for the U10-U16 divisions throughout the season as coaches report in to their commissioners with their win-loss records.
Tournament Schedule – 2019
JSL will host a 2-game end-of-season tournament. Dates will not be known until early July – they will be posted here when they are finalized. For a general estimate, once the regular season schedule is posted above, find the last game for any team in your division, reserve a few days after that for any potential late rain makeup games, and the tournament will follow after that. All regular season and tournament games will be completed no later than July 31.
Prior to the tournament, ties in team rankings will be broken by head-to-head play or coin flip. Medals will be awarded to the top 2 teams based on final tournament results.