The commissioner for the 2020 season is Eric Hyde. His direct email is email@example.com.
Rules – 2020
The 2019 rules are linked here for reference only. 2020 rules will be linked when they are finalized.
Game Schedule – 2020
The 2020 game schedule for U16 will be posted here in early June. Games will begin about the 2nd week of June. Game nights are unknown at this time but could be played any week night at 6pm or 8pm or on Saturday/Sunday afternoons or evenings. Teams typically play about 2-3 games a week.
Team Standings / Rankings
For the 2020 season, team standings/rankings will be posted for all divisions throughout the season as coaches report in to their commissioners with their win-loss records.
Tournament Schedule – 2020
JSL will host an end-of-season tournament for U16 with a 2-game guarantee. Tournament dates are affected by regular season rain makeups that are needed; therefore, the tournament dates won’t be known and finalized until July – it will be posted here when it is finalized. For a general estimate, once the regular season schedule is posted above, find the last game for any team in your division, reserve a few days after that for any potential late rain makeup games, and the tournament will follow after that. All regular season and tournament games will be completed no later than July 31.
Prior to the tournament, ties in team rankings will be broken by head-to-head play or coin flip. Medals will be awarded to the top 2 teams based on final tournament results.
Advantages of playing high school baseball with the Junior Saltdogs
- Everyone plays. Everyone hits. Everyone plays multiple positions.
- No pressure. Just enjoy the game of baseball and have fun competing.
- Junior Saltdogs is affordable and a good value.
- Play on good fields with an end-of-season tournament
- Play on a team with your friends. No tryouts.
- Purchase the Saltdogs ticket vouchers as your fundraiser option and enjoy Saltdogs games with your friends or family.