Junior Saltdogs League
MU6-U14 divisions: Registration for our 2019 season is closed. We are not accepting additional players for these divisions (no exceptions). If you would like to be added to our database to receive registration information when it goes out for our 2020 season, please email your player’s name and mailing address and a parent’s email address to Deb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
U16 (high school) division only: The second registration period for the U16 division is open until May 22nd. Go to the U16 division page at left for details and deadlines.
2019 Season (updated 5.2.19)
U6-U14 TEAM ROSTERS: Coaches should have been in touch with all of their players by now. If you haven’t heard from your coach, please email Deb at email@example.com and she will forward the coach contact information to you.
U6-U14 GAME SCHEDULES: Links to the game schedules are on each division page at left.
U6-U14 END-OF-SEASON TOURNAMENTS: Dates will not be finalized for the tournament until early July since rain makeups affect the schedule. We guarantee that all regular season and tournament games will be done by July 31. For a broad idea and planning purposes, use the schedule link on the division page, look for the last regular season game by any team in your division, , add several days to cover any needed rain makups, and the tournament will most likely follow right after that. But again – that’s just a general idea. We get lots of questions about dates so for anyone vacation planning and you know your son won’t want to miss the tournament, the only thing we can tell you is after July 31 is safe.
KNOW YOUR ROLE…Players will play, coaches will coach, umpires will umpire, and parents will parent. Jr Saltdogs has a “zero tolerance” policy for everyone involved in our program. We ask that every parent, coach, and player in our program read the flyer about this on our website (posted in box in top right corner and on the Coach Information page) as well as read the Code of Conduct page. Please help us to have a positive season!
TEAM SHIRTS…U6-U14 coaches received team shirts on April 27. Because all the shirts are customized with a sponsor logo and player number on the back, there are no extras. It takes about 5-7 business days for the printer to receive a shirt and print it so please have your child try on their shirt right away so you know it fits. Re-ordered shirts are $20 and must be ordered through us. If one is needed, email Deb at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: player’s name, division, team name, the # on the back of the original shirt (the new shirt must have the same #), and the best phone number for the printer to reach you (parent) at when the shirt is ready for payment/pick up at the printer.
BAT CHECKS (U10-U14 only)…If you didn’t have your bat checked/stickered at registration and it doesn’t already have our orange “approved” sticker on it, here are dates you can have it done:
- Sat, April 27 from 8:30am-11:30am at O Street Skills and Drills (there is no signage on the building but it’s at 25th & O Street on the south side of O – look for the JSL feather flag by the overhead door and walk down the ramp (please be quiet as meetings will be going on)
- Sun, April 28 from 4:30pm-6:00pm at FUNdamental Athletics Academy at 8400 Cody Drive, Suite K (14th & Yankee Hill area)
- Thu, May 2 from 5:00-6:30pm at Haymarket Park (look for the table right by the circle drive or if very windy or looks like rain, we’ll move the table in the stadium under the concourse )
- Tue, May 7 from 6:00-7:30pm at Primetime Sporting Goods (2901 South 84th Street)
- Sat, May 11 from 11:00am-1:00pm at O Street Skills and Drills (there is no signage on the building but it’s at 25th & O Street on the south side of O – look for the open overhead door next to the antique store and walk down the ramp)
- Mon, May 13 from 6:00-7:00pm at Fleming Field
- Tue, May 14 from 6:00-7:00pm at Primetime Sporting Goods (2901 S. 84th)
After the above dates, bat checks will be very limited during the season. Please don’t count on them being done at the fields during game nights. Games will not be delayed for bat checks so if it’s important to your child that he use his own bat for his very first at bat, please be sure to have the bat check done on one of the above dates.
Just a reminder that bat checks are not needed for U6 and U8, and since high school bat rules apply for U16, we will check all U16 bats at a later time.
TEXT ALERTS…Be sure to sign up to receive our text alerts for game rainouts or additional information. Text JRSALTDOGS to shortcode 84483 from the phone you want to register. It will immediately send a text back to you to confirm that you are now registered or it will confirm that you are already registered. If you don’t get this, go to the Rainout Info page of our website for some troubleshooting tips.
PHOTO DATES FOR PLAYERS AND COACHES…Photos will be taken on the dates below. Composite photos are used for the team photo. Parents will have the option of receiving photos electronically or mailed to their home.
- Tue, May 21 from 5pm-6:30pm at Haymarket Park
- Wed, May 22 from 5pm-6:30pm at Haymarket Park
- Sat, May 25 from 12noon-6:00pm at Haymarket Park(NOTE: There is a Saltdogs game at 7:05pm)
- Sun, May 26 from 12noon-4:30pm at Haymarket Park (NOTE: The Lincoln Saltdogs will host the Junior Saltdogs Player’s Clinic for our U6-U14 divisions from 3:00-4:00pm. There is a Saltdogs game at 5:05pm – use your Saltdogs fundraiser ticket vouchers and stay for the game).
Coaches will receive photo packets to distribute to all their players. Extra packets will be available at Haymarket Park on photo days.
LINCOLN SALTDOGS’ WATCHDOGS PROGRAM…The Lincoln Saltdogs would love to have Junior Saltdogs teams participate in their Watchdogs Program. Watch for the flyer to be linked soon or contact the Lincoln Saltdogs directly at 402/474-2255.
JSL PLAYER’S CLINIC WITH THE LINCOLN SALTDOGS…The Lincoln Saltdogs will host a free player’s clinic for all JSL players on Sunday, May 26th. Watch here for the flyer with all the details. If any questions, contact Bret Beer with the Lincoln Saltdogs at 402/474-2255.
NO REFUNDS: The JSL has a “no refunds” policy so before registering your child, please be sure their plans are final. If you plan to list a coach or friend request, please be in touch with them to confirm their plans before registering your child.
QUESTIONS: Most questions can be answered by first referring to our FAQ page. Or if a question still remains, please email Deb at email@example.com.