Junior Saltdogs League
U6-U14 divisions: Registration for our 2015 season is closed. We are not able to accept any additional players for these divisions (no exceptions). If you would like to be added to our database to receive registration information when it goes out in January for our 2016 season, please email your player’s name, mailing address, and a parent’s email address to Deb at email@example.com.
U17 (high school) division only (updated 5/22/15): Registration for the U17 division is now open until May 24th. Please click on the U17 division page at left for the registration form/online link and additional details.
U6-U14 Game Schedules: Go to the appropriate division page at left for a link to the 2015 game schedules. Note that there are no games on July 3-4-5.
U6-U17 End-of-Season Tournament: When 2015 tournament details, including the schedule, are known, they will be posted on each division page. Since rain makeups will affect the tournament schedule, it will be early July before we have a better idea of when the dates will be. For your planning purposes, we guarantee that all regular season and tournament games will be done before August 1.
Final Dates for Bat Checks before U8-U14 Season Games Begin: Bat checks for our U8-U14 divisions will be done during the dates/times below. Note that U6 t-ball bats do not need to be checked.
- Thur, May 7 from 4:30-6:30pm [Due to last night's storm and all the water at Haymarket Park, we have moved tonight's bat checks to our equipment storage facility which is at 24th & O Streets on the south side of O. Look for the overhead door and walk down the ramp. Parking is available on O Street as well as in the old Office Max parking lot. - posted 5/7, 11:15 am]
- Wed, May 13 from 4:30-9:30pm at Fleming Fields – enter off 33rd & Leighton [NOTE NEW TIME AND LOCATION] Because we have games at Fleming fields on the 13th, we have moved the bat checks to Fleming as well. This will allow us to check bats from 4:30pm – 9:30pm. Also, from 4:30-6:30pm, we will have Saltdogs ticket booklets available along with the list of those who registered online with the fundraiser option and chose the pick up option. May 13 is the only night that the ticket booklets will be available for pick up at Fleming. The Saltdogs ticket office in Haymarket Park is the normal pick-up locati0n. They are open Mon-Fri from 9am-5pm.
After these dates, bat checks will need to be done at the ball fields during a JSL game night by JSL site supervisors (wearing a navy blue JSL shirt). They will be available at Fleming, Union, and Optimist fields. Go to the division pages at left, click on the schedule link and search by location to find dates that JSL has games at these fields.
U6-U14 Player and Coach Photos: Player and Coach photos will be taken by Champ Shots Photography. A composite of each player is used for the team photo so it is not necessary for the entire team to come at the same date/time. For the 2015 season, picture dates are:
- Tue, June 2 from 6pm to 7pm at ChampShots studio (1942 A Street)
- Sat, June 6 from 9am to 3pm at Haymarket Park (403 Line Drive Circle)
- Sun, June 7 from 12:00 noon to 3pm at Haymarket Park in the softball complex (NOTE: There is a Saltdogs game that starts at 1:05pm. Immediately following the game (apx 4:30pm), the Saltdogs players will host the annual Jr Saltdogs Player’s Clinic – see the box at right for more details)
- Thu, June 11 from 5pm to 6:30pm at Haymarket Park (403 Line Drive Circle) [NOTE: There was a mis-print on the photo packets that said "Tues, June 11" - the correct day is Thu, June 11. We apologize for the error and any confusion.]
If you are not able to make it to one of the above dates and still want to have your player’s photo taken, you can contact Champ Shots directly at 402-991-7786. Once photos are printed, Champ Shots will mail all orders to the head coaches for distribution to their players/parents.
NO REFUNDS: The JSL has a “no refunds” policy so before registering your child, please be sure their plans are final. If you plan to list a coach or friend request, please be in touch with them to confirm their plans before registering your child.
QUESTIONS: Most questions can be answered by referring to our FAQ page. If not, please email Deb at firstname.lastname@example.org.