Junior Saltdogs League
U6-U14 divisions: Registration for our 2017 season is closed, and we won’t be accepting additional players (no exceptions). If you would like to be added to our database to receive 2018 registration information when it goes out in early January, please email your best email, home mailing address, and player’s name to Deb at email@example.com.
U16 (high school) division only: Registration for U16 only is now open until May 21st. Go to the U16 division page at left for the registration form/online link and additional details.
U6-U14 Head Coaches and Players: Coach meetings were held on April 22nd where they received game schedules, equipment, shirts, caps, etc. Coaches who have not already contacted their players were asked to do that right away. If you haven’t heard from your coach by April 24, please let us know – you can either contact your commissioners using the email links on the division pages at left or email Deb at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will forward coach contact information to you.
U6-U14 Game Schedules: Links to the game schedules are on each division page at left.
U6-U14 End-of-Season Tournament: Dates will not be finalized for the tournament until early July since rain makeups affect the schedule. We guarantee that all regular season and tournament games will be done by July 31. For a broad idea and planning purposes, once the game schedules are linked on the website, you can look to see when the last regular season game for the last team in your division is played. Add several days to cover any needed rain makups and the tournament will follow after that. But again – that’s just a general idea. We get lots of questions about dates so for anyone vacation planning and you know your son won’t want to miss the tournament, the only thing we can tell you is after July 31 is safe.
Bat Inspection Dates: All U8-U16 bats must be inspected and stickered (white for U8-U14, green for U16) by a JSL rep before they can be used in a game. If your sticker is still on your bat from a previous JSL season and the color is appropriate for the division you are in this year), it is good to go. If you don’t have a sticker yet, we have a few more dates to do this before season games begin:
- Sat, April 22 from 8:30am – 12:00 noon at O Street Skills & Drills located at 25th & O Street on the south side of the street (look for the JSL feather flag in front of the overhead door and walk down the ramp).
- Sun, April 23 from 4:30-6:30pm at FUNdamental Athletics Academy (8400 Cody Drive, Suite K – (near 14th & Yankee Hill)
- Mon, May 9 from 5-7pm at Haymarket Park (in front of the circle drive or under the concourse if rainy/windy)
After these dates, JSL site supervisors (available only at the 4-plex fields) can inspect/sticker bats on any JSL game night. Look for them in navy blue JSL shirts or ask an umpire to point them out to you. Note that game start times will not be delayed so that bat inspections can be done.
U6-U14 Player and Coach Photos: Player and Coach photos will be taken by Modern Images Photography. A composite of each player is used for the team photo so it’s not necessary for the entire team to come at the same date/time. Come one of the day’s below when it is convenient for your family schedule:
- Tue, June 6 from 5:30pm-7:00pm at Modern Images’ studio (1942 A Street)
- Sat, June 10 from 9am-3pm at Haymarket Park (403 Line Drive Circle) on the baseball concourse (NOTE: There is a home Saltdogs game at 6:45 pm)
- Sun, June 11 from 10:30am-2:00pm at Haymarket Park on the softball side (NOTE: The Saltdogs will host the annual Jr Saltdogs Player’s Clinic for our U6-U14 divisions from 11:30am-12:30pm with player autographs from 12:30-1:00pm. There is a Saltdogs game at 2:05pm – use your Saltdogs fundraiser ticket vouchers and stay for the game).
- Thu, June 15 from 5:00pm-6:30pm at Haymarket Park on the baseball concourse
If you are not able to make it to one of the scheduled dates and still want to have your player’s photo taken, contact Modern Images at 402-991-7786. Once photos are printed, Modern Images will mail all orders to head coaches for distribution to their players.
Players Clinic with the Lincoln Saltdogs: The Lincoln Saltdogs will host the annual Jr Saltdogs Player’s Clinic for our U6-U14 divisions on June 11th from 11:30am-12:30pm with player autographs to follow from 12:30-1:00pm. There is a Saltdogs game at 2:05pm – use your Saltdogs fundraiser ticket vouchers and stay for the game).
NO REFUNDS: The JSL has a “no refunds” policy so before registering your child, please be sure their plans are final. If you plan to list a coach or friend request, please be in touch with them to confirm their plans before registering your child.
QUESTIONS: Most questions can be answered by referring to our FAQ page. If not, please email Deb at email@example.com.