Lincoln Youth Baseball Organization (dba as Junior Saltdogs League)
Junior Saltdogs is a summer youth baseball program. We have 7 divisions…U6 tball, U8 machine pitch, and player pitch for U10, U12, U14, and U17, and our Homer’s Heroes division for kids with physical or intellectual disabilities.
We have 75-100 teams each season, and there are no tryouts. JSL commissioners form the teams based on the preferences that each player lists on their registration form for a specific coach, friend, or school. While we can’t guarantee specific team placement, we do our very best to honor listed preferences while at the same time balancing player numbers between all the teams in each division. Please check the FAQ page for answers to many questions.
U6-U14 divisions: Registration for our 2021 season is closed, and we won’t be accepting additional players (no exceptions). If you would like to be added to our database to receive 2022 registration information when it goes out in early January, please email Deb at email@example.com with your best email address, home mailing address, and player’s name.
U17 (high school) division only (updated 4.23.21): A second registration period for U17 is open through May 26 – online registration only. Go to the U17 page to register.
2021 U6-U14 Head Coaches: Commissioners have forwarded team rosters to all head coaches. Please make contact with all of your players by Sunday, April 18
2021 Players: If you have not heard from your coach by April 18, please email Deb at firstname.lastname@example.org with your player’s name and division and she will give you the coach’s contact info. Schedules will be linked on the division pages around April 25. Games nights will vary from week to week with potential game days every week night, Saturdays, and Sundays. Please remember that Jr Saltdogs does not own any fields, so our game days are based on when the individual field owners will let us rent their fields.
Lincoln Saltdogs tickets: Included in your Junior Saltdogs registration are 10 free berm tickets to any Lincoln Saltdogs regular season home game. The Lincoln Saltdogs will be emailing all JSL families with a unique player ID to use in their electronic tickets system. If you have any questions, please contact the Lincoln Saltdogs office directly at 402/474-2255.
Bat Checks (updated 4.20.21): All player bats for the U10-U17 divisions must be inspected/stickered by us to make sure they meet our bat rules (see box at right). See below for the dates/locations for bat checks. If the bat is approved by us, we’ll put a sticker on it (orange for U10-U14, green for U17). Umpires will not allow bats without a sticker to be used in games. If your child’s bat already has a sticker of the appropriate color for his division, no bat check is needed and it is good to use for the 2021 season. Bat checks are not required for U6-U8.
Bat check dates (please limit to 1 person per family and wear a mask please):
- Sun, April 25, 2021 from 4:30-6:00pm at FUNdamental Athletics Academy (8400 Cody Dr., Suite K)
- Thu, May 6, 2021 from 5:30-7:00pm at the Saltdogs Stadium (403 Line Drive Circle) – look for us by the circle drive
- Mon, May 10, 2021 from 5:30-7:00pm at DICK’s Sporting Goods (6100 O St) – look for us by their main entrance
- After May 10, U10-U14 bat checks will need to be done at Lewis or Fleming on any JSL game night. Look for a JSL board member or site supervisor wearing a navy blue or gray shirt/jacket. Try around the concessions area first however, they may get pulled to a field to deal with an issue so just look around for them. And thanks for your patience. U17 bat checks will be done at the game field on the first game night.
Covid-19 Adjustments: As we get closer to the start of the season, the Board will review local DHM’s at that time as well as any rules the owners of each field may have pertaining to Covid-19. Any adjustments/rules for the season relating to Covid-19 will be communicated to all registered families and will also be posted here.
Baseball Rules: See the Rules-Reference Materials page at left.
Sponsor Coupons (updated 4.29.21): All of our 2021 community partners and sponsors are listed on the Sponsors page – we encourage you to shop at these businesses. And if you need any baseball equipment, we have three sporting goods stores as sponsors this year…Play It Again Sports, DICK’s Sporting Goods and Primetime Sporting Goods. Below are some special offers from our sponsors for all Junior Saltdogs families:
- JSL Sponsor Coupon Offers
- Modern Real Estate coupon
- DICK’S Sporting Goods – coupons good from 4.1.21-12.31.21
- DICK’s Sporting Goods – online 20% off sports equipment/cleats purchase from 4.30.21-5.3.21
- DICK’S Sporting Goods – in-store 20% off entire purchase from 4.30.21-5.3.21
- DICK’s Sporting Goods – in-store 20% off entire purchase from 5.14.21-5.17.21
NO REFUNDS: The JSL has a “no refunds” policy so before registering your child, please be sure their plans are final. If you plan to list a coach or friend request, please be in touch with them to confirm their plans before registering your child.
QUESTIONS: Most questions can be answered by referring to our FAQ page. If not, please email Deb at email@example.com.