Junior Saltdogs League
U6-U14 divisions: Registration for our 2016 season is closed. We are not able to accept any additional players for these divisions (no exceptions). If you would like to be added to our database to receive registration information when it goes out in January for our 2017 season, please email your player’s name, mailing address, and a parent’s email address to Deb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
U17 (high school) division only: Registration is open for the U17 division until May 22nd. Please click on the U17 division page at left for the registration form/online link and additional details.
2016 U6-U14 Head Coaches and Players: Commissioners have contacted all head coaches and forwarded their rosters to them. Players – if you have not heard from your coach, please contact your commissioner (links to their email are on each division page at left) and they will put you in touch with your coach.
2016 U6-U14 Game Schedules: Games scheduled will be released to coaches on April 23 and posted on the division pages at left after that. Note that there are no games on May 28-29-30 and July 2-3-4.
2016 U6-U14 End-of-Season Tournament: Schedule details are not finalized for the tournament. When they are we will post them here. Since rain makeups will affect the tournament schedule, it will be early July before we have a better idea of when the dates will be. For your planning purposes, we guarantee that all regular season and tournament games will be done by July 31.
Bat Inspection Dates: All U8-U17 bats must be inspected and stickered (white for U8-U14, green for U17) by a JSL rep before they can be used in a game. If your sticker is still on your bat from a previous JSL season, it is good to go for this year. If you don’t have a sticker yet, here are the remaining dates when they can be done:
- Sun, April 17 from 4:30-6:30pm at the Alex Gordon Training Facility at Haymarket Park (the building on the north side of Haymarket Park with the Husker N on it)
- Sat, April 23 from 8:30am – 1:00pm at O Street Skills & Drills located at 25th & O Street on the south side of the street (look for the JSL feather flag in front of the overhead door and walk down the ramp).
- Mon, May 9 from 5-7pm at Haymarket Park (in front of the circle drive or under the concourse if rainy/windy)
After these dates, JSL site supervisors (available only at the 4-plex fields) can inspect/sticker bats on game nights. Look for them in navy blue JSL shirts or ask an umpire to point them out to you. Note that game start times will not be delayed so that bat inspections can be done.
2016 U6-U14 Player and Coach Photos: Player and Coach photos will be taken by Champ Shots Photography. A composite of each player is used for the team photo so it’s not necessary for the entire team to come at the same date/time. Come when it’s convenient for you on one of the following dates:
- Tue, June 7 from 6-7pm at Champ Shots studio (1942 A Street)
- Sat, June 11 from 9am-3pm at Haymarket Park
- Sun, June 12 from 12:00 noon-3pm at Haymarket Park (NOTE: The Saltdogs will host the Jr Saltdogs Player’s Clinic for our U6-U8 divisions – see the box at right. There is also a Saltdogs game that evening at 5:05pm – use your Saltdogs fundraiser ticket vouchers and stay for the game).
- Thu, June 16 from 5-6:30pm at Haymarket Park
If you are not able to make it to one of the above dates and still want to have your player’s photo taken, you can contact Champ Shots directly at 402-991-7786. Once photos are printed, Champ Shots will mail all orders to the head coaches for distribution to their players/parents.
2016 Player Clinics with the Lincoln Saltdogs: This year the Lincoln Saltdogs will host two separate clinics at Haymarket Park for Jr Saltdogs players. The first one will be for U6-U8 players on Sun, June 12th and the second on Sun, June 19th for U10-U17 players. See the box at right for more details.
NO REFUNDS: The JSL has a “no refunds” policy so before registering your child, please be sure their plans are final. If you plan to list a coach or friend request, please be in touch with them to confirm their plans before registering your child.
QUESTIONS: Most questions can be answered by referring to our FAQ page. If not, please email Deb at email@example.com.