Cancellations will be posted below and alerts sent thru Rainedout.com. Each season, all parents must register to receive the alerts. See below for directions to register.
NOTE: An alert will be sent out and posted below only if there are game cancellations to report. If you do not see any games listed below or receive an alert, assume all games are on as scheduled.
CANCELLATIONS FOR FRI, JUNE 11, 2021: All games are cancelled tonight [updated 6.11.21]
How to register for our rainout alerts: If your emails come directly to your cell phone, please register only your email address as we can send emails for free whereas beginning in 2020 Jr Saltdogs is charged for every text alert we send. Everyone will need to register to receive rainout alerts at the beginning of each season.
- Option 1 – to register your email: This option is preferred since it is FREE for you and FREE for us. Go to https://www.rainedout.com/team, enter Junior Saltdogs League in the search box and enter, select Junior Saltdogs League when it pops up, select Continue, and then enter your email address in the blue box. If successful, a green “thank you” box will pop up at the end. If registering more than one email, after the first email is registered, the Rainout system requires you to back completely out of your browser and go back in to register the 2nd email.
- Option 2 – to register your cell phone: This option is FREE for you but JSL is charged a fee for every registered cell phone every time we send a text alert. Text JRSALTDOGS to 84483. If successful, in a few seconds you’ll a verification text saying you have registered. If not, please see the “Problems” paragraph below. We have heard that some cell phone providers have shortcodes defaulted to “off”. If you do not receive the verification message you should contact your cell phone provider to see if this is the case – if so, you can ask them to turn on all the “free” shortcodes.
If you have any problems before or after you register for alerts: RainedOut.com has strict confidentiality so we are not able to help if you have any problems registering or you don’t receive or stop receiving the alerts during the season. If not, you’ll need to work directly with Rainedout.com – see their FAQs and Contact Us links at the bottom of their home page.
To unsubscribe from the alerts: reply STOP to any text alert or click here and go to Unsubscribe at the bottom of their home page. At the end of every season, we will have Rainedout.com remove all registered phones/emails cell phones from our account.
Junior Saltdogs League Rainout Policy
Please Note: The JSL does not own any fields. We rent venues from the city, state, and other private entities. While we do hire high school age workers for some of the field maintenance, in most cases, the owners of these facilities make the determination of field playability. They are protecting not only the safety of the participants but also the long-term care of their facilities.
REGULAR SEASON GAMES: During severe weather on game days, the fields will be checked after 3:00pm for safety and playability. In the event of game cancellations, a message will be posted on the rainout lines and website and an email/text alert sent by 5:00pm.
After 5pm weekdays, the adult coaches and umpire should determine if the game needs to be cancelled as severe weather progresses. Please note, if weather conditions occur close to the start of the 6pm game, it may not be possible to update the rainout line if games are cancelled after 6pm. We apologize in advance if you drive to the game and it gets cancelled. If games are cancelled after they begin, please notify your commissioner immediately so they are aware of it. Click your division in the box at left for a link to their direct email addresses.
For weekend games, an alert and posting above will be sent as soon as possible if there is a cancellation.
If cancelled, the coaches should contact the commissioner. A commissioner may or may not be present at the field.
PLEASE NOTE: It is NOT possible for our volunteers and field crew, to re-check every field across Lincoln if weather moves in during the late afternoon. Conditions may improve or deteriorate as the day progresses. Because the fields are spread all over Lincoln, some fields may be playable while other fields may NOT be playable. We sometimes have to make a “crystal ball” decision.
TOURNAMENT GAMES: Weather cancellation decisions for year-end tournaments will be made separately for each of the morning, afternoon, and evening sessions. If the first game of the session is cancelled, the remaining games in that session are cancelled. Weather may effect playability as the day progresses.
For tournament games on week nights, an alert will be sent and the website updated by 5pm with any cancellations.
For tournament games on Saturdays, an alert will be sent and the website updated sent one hour before the first scheduled game time of each session below.
- Morning session: If cancelled, all morning games will be cancelled.
- Afternoon session: If cancelled, all afternoon games will be cancelled.
- Evening session: If cancelled, all evening games will be cancelled.
JSL reserves the right to modify the format and schedule as needed.
There are NO refunds for unplayed games.
The first TWO rainouts during the regular season will NOT be rescheduled.
League officials will attempt to reschedule any remaining regular season rainouts but can make no guarantees.
Due to limited field availability and our guarantee to our JSL families that our season will be over no later than July 31, tournament games may not be made up in the event of rainouts.